Friday, April 9, 2010

THE UNEXAMINED LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING

"The unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates
Sounds simple right? Examine your own life as you live it, but what is the proper application to do this examining? I guess a pen and paper could work. No, that seems complicated. I could use Microsoft Word. Better yet I'll put it on Facebook. Nothing is worth doing unless everyone knows about it right? Maybe I should tweet it. No don't be ridiculous this examination will require more than 144 characters. I know I'll have a blog. No that is just obnoxious.
Surprise, after Googling the above quote I believe I am supposed to sit quietly and think.
Cool. I'll just put on some soothing music. Well this American Life is on maybe I'll just listen to that while I figure out my past, present and future. Darn, I've already heard this one. I missed 30 Rock last week. I'll just watch it on Hulu while my examination takes place. It will help fill in the lulls of thinking.
Oh quiet my head wth no distractions? Oh I couldn't do that. I am pretty afraid of the places my head will go if I have nothing to distract it. God what did people do 100 years ago? All they had was lulls to think. Scary.
Well that is enough examining for me. I’m going to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment